This week, I am honored to be sharing two posts over at Encouragement Cafe with Luann and Friends. Please stop by. I hope it's a blessing to you!
Jesus Loves the Little Children
and
Shattered Dreams and New Hope.
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 comments:
My son was diagnosed with bilateral hearing loss and Pervasive Developmental Disorder in past September... He was 7. Being his mother had been very difficult, especially not having an official answer as to why he acted the way he did, and I found myself questioning "why" a lot. I can completely understand your frustration and your relief at getting answers and help!
Blessings to you :-)
I am going over Karen!!
Jenn,
When our son got his answer, age 10, he was transformed. The anger and self-hate were gone, instantly. It's as if he suddenly learned, "It's not my fault." He is now about-to-be-15 and just got his end of grade test scores back. For the first time ever he scored in the normal range on everything. He is sooo excited to see his hard work paying off! :)
Thanks for the encouragement.
Will pop over to read them both.
We just had our daughter observedfor ADD and I could tell even just talking/and filling out the parents observation forms was killing my hubby. He's got a slight disorder that was a dark cloud over him in high school--he didn't want that for her. After the observation,we were told she's a very mild case - like a 2 out of 10 score. I don't feel like I can relate 100% to others who deal with much more diffacults cases, but I do love that you are willing to share your story-- the line " As parents, we have to set OUR dreams for our kids aside" could NOT be MORE TRUE!!!
God Bless
Post a Comment