Today's verse is James 3:7-8, "All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by human beings, but no one can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison."
It came to me by text, as it does every day.
Ironically, I am festering with anger today. Unexpected, unpleasant news came our way and I. AM. MAD! Take a distrustful mama bear, envelope her in a swarm of angry hornets, and toss her in a mud pit... I'm that mad!
Ding! The text arrives... God gently -- fairly directly -- reminding me that what I do in this moment matters. Will I respond to the situation in anger -- I sure do want to let my lawyer-side do the talking. OR, will I address this news in love.
Stay tuned... I'll let you know how I did.
In the meantime, pray for a quiet tongue! I'd even accept the gift of laryngitis about now!
Thanks friends,
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












5 comments:
Well, with the help of some friends who hold me accountable when I'm slip... slip... slipping away, I'm doing better. In my frustration, I'm speaking Godly wisdom -- not what my heart feels, but what I know is right. Making progress! Please keep praying :)
Praying God's grace will wash over you in whatever this frustrating situation may be.
Hugs to you!
Rosann
Thanks, Rosann!
I am making progress... slowly. My tongue got out ahead of me a few times, but I was quick to apologize. You know, being a mama bear is a tough job some days. So is being a genuine Christ-follower. I remember Paul saying (paraphrase), "I do what I don't want to do and I don't do what I know I should." Yep. That's me!
But I, like Paul, am confident that in the end I'll improve. :)
Love,
Karen
The tongue and the fingers! I was shocked today to see that someone on Christianmingle.com stole my business credit card, and used it there!
Courtney,
That's awful! You poor thing. I hope it all gets straightened out soon.
Karen
Post a Comment