![]() |
| Here... |
| was... |
| Nathan (and his amazing smile) |
| driving off to his last first day of high school. There are no pictures of my emotional heart or the lump in my throat. |
Don't you love his shirt? He's so funny...
We did not send him off without prayer: For his year, for the first day of school, for wisdom, for his teachers, the bus drivers, the other kids driving to school, for God to shine in him and through him. No way! Each day, we pray with him and for him. Every day of every school year since preschool. The world's tough enough without the full armor of God!
| Ellie's first day of FIRST GRADE! She's wearing the outfit she picked out.... And doesn't leave for school till after the sun wakes up! |
Sweet Ellie headed off to first grade, covered with the same prayer. She loves praying for her school, her teachers and her classmates. I love to listen as she asks Jesus to help her remember her "STAR" rules and not make other kids get in trouble. She's getting it... she's a little light in her big class! And she knows that Jesus wants to help her through each day! Training her up... one little step at a time!
Ben and I were busy all day -- enjoying the start of our last homeschooled year together. He officially starts his year Monday. We shopped for and cooked a tremendously awesome dinner to celebrate this monumental day.
| Oreo ice cream pie. YUM! |
I love you, my three sweet kids.
May you always follow God and live for Him!
hostgator promotional codes
hostgator promotional codes













16 comments:
Thank you for visiting my blog this morning! I loved your comments. How wonderful that Nathan is going to study music! I wish I had done that....I know, never too late but gosh, at 46, I'm just too tired. Anyhow, love these photos. My oldest is 15. Already thinking ahead to when he leaves home, because I know the next 3 years are going to fly by.I love how you pray every morning before school!
What a handsome senior you have! And the first day of first grade is very exciting. I had my "baby" start first grade this year, too.
Beautiful children!
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog - I'm really looking forward to reading more of your blog.
Christina
http://spilledmilkshake.com
Karen what a great post!! I felt like crying for you with your oldest starting his last first day!! What gorgeous children you have!! Our youngest also starts first grade this year. Our school year starts Sept. 6!! Time goes way too fast!! I hope you all enjoy the new year and I look foward to reading all about it!!
Awe! Great post. You've got big kids! You know the saying, the bigger the kid, the bigger their problems. I hope that you take comfort in having raised your son well (when he does leave for college). That's the best that we can do. You gave him your all, and soon it's time to watch him take on life, and make his own mistakes along the way. Of course I say all this, more than a decade away from watching my oldest head off to college. Ha! Adorable kids! You look like a very happy family!
Your post brought tears to my eyes...My senior graduated last year and it is sad not to have him around. They love to spread their wings, but it sure is painful for our Mommy-hearts!
Thanks for joining our voiceBoks Christian Mom’s Blog Hop! I look forward to reading about your experiences a Christian Mom!
Becky Jane
http://RiseAboveYourLimits.blogspot.com/
Becky,
I have a feeling I'll get weepy more than a few times these next two years!!!
Looking forward to knowing you better too.
Together, we can raise a generation that makes a huge impact for Jesus!!!!
In His love,
Karen
Ahh, I feel your anxiety Karen. I myself always praying for my daughter and all that goes on with her and our family. As a mom myself, I've been called overprotective. But I wouldn't be a mom if I wasn't.
You have a wonderful family and so grown up, uh.
Great to connect with you on voiceBoks.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Barbara
Español para Niños (Spanish for Kids)
Karen I could feel all your emotions reading this post! Only a mommy would know and understand those feelings. *tear*
Prayer is so important. I pray with my boys before they leave for school/preschool and I pray for them throughout the day. I like what you said on a post comment on Zigs Blog, that your prayers have gotten more specific with time. Mine have too, as Austin is getting older. He's 13 now and my prayers have most definitely gotten more specific! haha
Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your wonderful family! God bless :)
Thanks Luanna.
Hunkering down for a hurricane! We're on the "best side of the storm" expecting rain and a bit of wind, but that's all. SOOO we will be cooking, eating, playing games and watching the rain fall. I'm actually looking forward to it here -- though praying for the east coast!
Looking forward to knowing you better!
Thanks for commenting on mamawolfe today! Doesn't the time seem....well, I don't want to say it goes by fast, because sometimes it seems like moments last forever. I treasure every day I have with my children right now!
http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com
Your post was great today -- I really appreciated it, even if I left a smart-aleck comment! :)
Have a great weekend.
Aw your kids are beautiful. And wow he paid for his own car all by himself, very responsible. You should be very proud. I'm your newest follower from the VB hopper mania.
http://itsasunkissedlife.blogspot.com
Awww...you've got me tearing up now... I have a 1 year old, but I know I'll be sending him off to college in the blink of an eye. I love that you pray with your children before school. What a perfect way to start the day.
I'm joining Becky Jane in thanking you for hopping onto voiceBok's Christian Mom's Blog Hop! I'm following you back. =) Have a great weekend!
-Jennifer
http://imitationbydesign.blogspot.com
What a great post. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely family.
Oh my gosh! You're gonna make me cry! I know it's going to all go by too quickly. I told Logan this morning he needs to be a "light". We prayed a little. But, we prayed for a bully on his bus. Thanks for linking to the Sit and Relax hop with us this weekend! Good Luck with this year in school
Michelle,
No crying. It goes by quickly, but it doesn't. If that makes any sense. Enjoy this time. :)
My friend, Barb, blogged about bullies yesterday. http://halfdozn.blogspot.com/2011/08/bullies.html. It's awesome that you and your son prayed for the bully!
Have a wonderful school year!!!
Post a Comment