Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Friendship, such a blessing

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 17:17


Do you have a friend who loves you no matter what? A friend who knows your failures and mistakes and loves you anyway? A friend who stands by your side, forgiving you without question when you mess up and encouraging you when you fear?

God has blessed me with friends who love me, warts and all. They know my weaknesses, my fears and my failures, but still they choose to love me as I am. 

Today I pray that I am that kind of friend to someone else. I pray I will love with the love of Jesus, always forgiving, never judging. I pray that I will be an encourager when my friend stumbles. May I be the kind of friend Jesus is to each of us.

God bless!


6 comments:

Kenny said...

Nothing, absolutely nothing, like having a friend to lean on...

Anonymous said...

You ARE that friend! ;)

Karen Dawkins said...

Awww, thanks ANONYMOUS!!! I hope so. :)

Unknown said...

Very True Post! It is a blessing to have such a good friend :)

Heather said...

Love the picture you posted with this! And thank you for making me think of my true friendships that get me through! Some of my closest and best friends are people I have never even met in person--a gloriously small world we live in!

Alison said...

Friends like this are such a blessing and rarity. I hope that I can exemplify this type of Christ-like charity for others. My sister-in-law is that person for me....and truly humble, child-like person--without guile and pure. That's hard to do when it doesn't come naturally! Have a great day!