Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Crazy, Wonderful Life... written by God

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

The Savannah night skyline. Beautiful!

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of the most quoted verses in the Bible.... God knows the plans He has for me. He declares it! So why is it that when I look back over my crazy, wonderful summer, that I marvel? Why is it that when doors open before me, I wonder how I got so lucky?

A few years ago, I started this blog to share my personal journey, as a believer, a wife, a mom, a friend. I haven't written much lately, but it's not because I left God. It's because HE took me on a journey I never, never, never, never in my wildest dreams expected!

God's plan for me led me to unusual places like Juarez, Mexico. Once known as the murder capital of the world, I got to serve there -- a weeklong missions program that touched my heart so deeply I have no words to explain it. There's life before Juarez and there's life after Juarez. On the timeline of my life, the resilient, loving people of Juarez left a huge mark!

Playing with the kids in Juarez. So fun!

God's plan for me led me to great places: Chicago, Savannah, Disney and so many more. It led me to lesser known, yet equally wonderful places. Every time, I meet new people, experience new and incredible things and make fabulous memories. That's what God is doing for me.

Anderson Gardens in Rockford, Illinois... voted most beautiful Japanese garden outside of Japan.


But HIS plan is never about me... It's about HIS Kingdom. What is HIS plan in the grander scheme?

To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure. After all, I didn't pick this road -- HE did. But I do know:

  1. Everywhere HE sends me, I have an opportunity to share his love with the people I meet. I'm Jesus' ambassador. 
  2. Everything I experience reinforces my commitment to quality family time. It stretches my mind to the possibilities all around us. HE allows me to share those ideas through my travel blog. HE provides ideas to improve my product line -- ultimately giving families the tools they need to reconnect, rest and rejuvenate. 
  3. In connecting with other bloggers and travel writers, HE provides an opportunity to encourage others and serve them with excellence. We all compete for page views and "blog stats," but I live differently -- serving their blogs, supporting their stats. Deep down, I know God will take care of my stats if I serve others.
Please don't read this as bragging -- that's most definitely NOT my intent. God has me on the most unexpected, crazy, wonderful journey. I am so thankful He chose me for this... and I pray that each day my work honors Him! 

Me? At the batting cages? YEP!


That's where I've been.... When I know where I'm going, I'll be sure to let you know! :)

How about you? What journey does God have you on? Did you plan to be there or did HE surprise you?

No comments: